Employer Supported Volunteers – Making a difference
What is Employer Supported Volunteering (ESV)?
Many employers engage in Corporate Social Responsibility programmes which enable their staff to volunteer either individually or in a group and promotes employers’ commitment to their local communities. There are many benefits for the individual, the employer and the VCSE sector.
Thanet Volunteer Bureau and Funding for All (funded by Stronger Kent Communities) are working together matching up employers large & small, that have staff with time to volunteer, with organisations in the VCSE sector with skilled & unskilled tasks/projects they need assistance with – as individuals or teams.
We are connecting with the VCSE sector across Kent to learn more about what assistance they need and developing a database of volunteering opportunities to share with employers.
- We develop bespoke volunteering solutions for employers & VCSE, utilising employees’ skillsets
- We focus on tasks & events which can be completed within the hours employers enable their staff to volunteer
- We give employers access to a wealth of volunteering opportunities – saving time & resource looking for rewarding volunteering opportunities
- We ensure staff and the VCSE sector get the most out of the volunteering experience.
Benefits of ESV to the VCSE Sector
- Enhance the capacity of the VCSE sector to help meet objectives through the sharing of techniques and resources
- ESV volunteers have many skills gained through work that they can share
- ESV volunteers are likely to need little support to complete tasks, so are a valuable resource
- ESV creates partnerships that encourage a shared ownership for community wellbeing
- ESV provides a new source of volunteers bringing energy, ideas and enthusiasm.
Benefits of ESV to Employers
- Corporate social responsibility brings value to a business strategy
- ESV improves links with local communities – bringing together people from varied backgrounds
- Evidence shows that ESV improves employee morale and motivation
- ESV can enhance teamwork, communication skills, creative thinking and problem solving
- ESV can deliver good PR – improve company profile & enhance reputation.
Feedback from employees we have found volunteering tasks for:
“I had a really enjoyable day.”
“Wonderful cause, great tasks & teamwork.”
“So much fun.”
“Great community spirit and well organised.”
“I would like to work here again, I really enjoyed it”
Feedback from VCSE sector organisations who have benefited from employee volunteers:
“SKC’s help in linking up our two organisations has been instrumental in the success of the volunteering day.”
“Great effort for a great job, well done.”
“The volunteers made a huge difference to our event, we would have been struggling without their help.”
“It was great to have the support of SKC in contacting the volunteers, managing them before the event and following up with them afterwards.”
“The volunteering day was a huge success. The team worked extremely hard and achieved so much.”
How can we help you?
Employers – get in touch to find out more about our volunteering opportunities
VCSE – let us know about your volunteering needs
*Stronger Kent Communities is a voluntary sector partnership including Funding for All, Action with Communities in Rural Kent, KentCAN and a number of the Volunteer Centres from across Kent including Thanet Volunteer Centre. It is funded for at least three years, although it is intended to create a sustainable model of support for the Volunteering Community Sector in Kent in the longer term.